CareSouth continually strives to provide more for our family of employees by regularly reviewing current trends and adjusting benefits as appropriate. In light of our commitment to always offer 'more' every day, the following employee benefit enhancements will be made effective with the first full pay period in June, 2010 for each field agency and corporate departments. The senior leadership team of CareSouth hopes that these new enhancements will serve to retain our valued employees and enhance our ability to recruit and retain outstanding individuals to become a part of the CareSouth team
Annual CEU Reimbursement Allowance
PTO Accrual for PRNs or PT1 Employees
Employee Referral Award Program
Annual CEU Reimbursement Allowance:
CareSouth will now grant an Annual Continuing Education (CEU) Reimbursement Allowance (based on years of service) for all of the following "Full Time" positions:
- Oasis RN
- Clinical Manager
- Regional Directors/Directors/Assistant Directors of Operations
- Admission RN
- Corporate Clinical Services RN
- All Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists
CEU Reimbursement Requirements:
- 6 months of service through 3 years of service will be eligible for up to $250.00 in reimbursable CEU allowance.
- Employees eligible for this program with greater than 3 years of service will be eligible for up to $500 in reimbursable CEU allowances.
- The CEU allowances will be paid through Accounts Payable and must be approved by the local Regional Director/Director of Operations and by a Regional Vice President of Operations prior to submitting for reimbursement.
- This yearly allowance is good for CEU credits from January 1st through December 31st of each year, is not to be carried over from year to year and only covers the actual expense of the CEU credit obtained.
- Contact Human Resources for reimbursement forms for completion by each agency and corporate department. Completed forms for approved reimbursement amounts are submitted to Accounts Payable.
- Each agency must track all reimbursable expenses submitted yearly for each eligible employee.
PTO Accrual for PRNs or PT1 Employees:
In addition to current policy for Paid-Time-Off (PTO) for full-time employees, CareSouth now provides Paid-Time-Off (PTO) accrual for all individuals that are currently PRN 2 employees or PT 1 employees. To be eligible for this new PTO accrual at a reduced rate the PRN 2 or PT 1 employee must meet the following criteria:
- PRN 2 employee must average 32 weighted visits per pay period
- PT 1 employees must average minimum of 40 hours of work per 2 week pay period
- The accrual rate for these levels of employment will be as follows:
1 to 5 years of service - 1.54 hours per pay period
6 to 10 years of service - 3.1 hours per pay period
11 to 19 years of service - 3.08 hours per pay period
20 plus years of service - 3.85 hours per pay period.
In order to remain eligible for the accrual of PTO hours, each employee in one of these employment levels must be reviewed on a quarterly basis by each agency or corporate department to insure they meet the eligibility requirements. Before any current employee or new hire can be made into one of these two employment levels, the change must be approved by both the Regional Director/Director Regional Vice President of Operations and corporate Human Resources.
Employee Referral Award Program:
In addition to our current program for rewarding current eligible employees for referring full time therapist there will now be an enhancement to this program for referring a PRN 2 or Part Time Therapist.
- If an eligible employee refers a therapist that is employed as a PRN 2 or part time they will receive a $2,500.00 referral award paid out at 90 days, 6 months and 1 year.
- If that therapist converts to a Fulltime or PRN 1 status within 12 months of their hire date, CareSouth will pay the referring employee another $2,500.00 to be paid out at 90 days, 6 months and 1 year from the date of conversion to full time or PRN 1 status.